Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Xavi: I`m surprised that Alves renewed his contract.

The former leader of the Barcelona, Xavi acknowledged that the decision of Danny Alves gets reassigned to a contract with the team was a surprise to him.
The veteran has played his last match for the team against Juventus in the Champions League final and then drove off to Qatar to join his new team, Al Saad.
`I have to admit that it was a big surprise for me.`, he said in front of the Catalan Edition `Sport`.
`Honestly, I never expected that Danny will sign a new contract`
`After the press conference its check-out was announced and it really didn`t look happy, but I never even thought I`d endorse a new contract.`
`But he was not sure about his future, but I told him that we should stay because wherever he goes, he`s not going to be better than Barcelona.`
`Though Alves is 32 years old and still has a few more years of playing football.`
`I am very happy for him and for Barca, because he is an outstanding defensive end, and in addition, the season was fantastic for him.`, he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment