Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Nadal for the injury: 'Tomorrow there will be more clarity!'

The World ranking leader Rafael Nadal said he will have more clarity tomorrow for the injury he received during his 1/4-final match at the Australian Open with Croatian Marin Cilic today. The Spaniard dropped 3:6, 6:3, 6:7 (5), 6:2, 2:0 in favor of Cilich after suffering a trauma in the fourth set. 

'At some point in the fourth set, in a short ball, I think I felt something. At that moment I thought something had happened, but I did not realize how harsh it was.'

'It`s hard to say right now We have to wait a few hours. Tomorrow I will be subjected to a nuclear magnetic resonance test, and then we will know!', Nadal explained.

'I worked hard to be here. We did all the things we thought were right to be ready. I think I was ready. Everything could happen in this game. I could win, I could lose, honestly. He also played well!', said also the winner of 16 Grand Slam titles. At the same time, Nadal urged ATP to take action because the players, according to Rafa, have too many matches via live soccer during the season and it is not surprising thatin recent times so many players suffer from injuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment