Sunday, January 21, 2018

Djokovic explained the pain and the medical timing

The winner of 12 Grand Slam titles Novak Djokovic earned a place in the Australian Open second week after a convincing victory in three sets over Albert Ramos-Vinolas. During the second set, the Serb asked for a medical time-out for the left thigh, but at the press conference after the game announced that it was nothing serious.

I was fine, nothing special. I needed medical help, but I knew there was no danger of continuing the game. I was fine. Still, I have not played for six months and I have to think about it. I also played a long hard game against Gael Monfils.

'There is nothing to worry about, but things change, the setting changes every day. It is normal that many athletes at this level during tournaments by contact with livesoccer get such bumps and deal with them, just as I did. I finished the game and I am pleased.', Djokovic said, who will face Hong Chun in the final round after the young Koreanman dropped the fourth placed Alexander Zverev from the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment