Thursday, September 10, 2015

Federer: It is not normal to play so well

Roger Federer continues his penal action at the US Open and qualified for the semi-finals after defeating with 3:0 sets Richard Gasquet. Since the beginning of the tournament Federer has not a lost set and in a contention for a place at the final will face his compatriot Stan Wawrinka.

"I can not say I`m totally surprised by the way I play now. I worked a lot on my game and on this to make a step forward. I take the ball earlier, also I do much better volleys, compared with 10 years ago. When I was little I trained many volleys and this helps me now. It gives me a confidence that I can do well when I`m out at the net. Moreover my initial shock is well, my re-tours of serve are on a level and when you collect all these things, it is a pleasant image. I think overall I changed the dynamics of my game. Of course, an important factor for my good game is the fact that I kept myself from injuries and I kept my motivation, "said Federer.

About the match mentioned by soccer live stream with Stan Wawrinka, Federer said: "I always knew he could play better than what he shows. Just in previous years it lacked him a sufficient confidence. But he worked hard in this direction, he believed in himself. Stan made several notable victories like this over Hewitt at "Davis Cup" in Sydney in 5 sets, which have demonstrated that he can beat everyone. Now he can do whatever he wants. He has two Grand Slam titles, an Olympic gold medal, Cup "Davis", title of "Masters 1000" series. He has a superb career. At last we have game at "Roland Garros", where he beat me in three sets. I hope now to perform better, "said Federer.

The former No1 also said he has been surprised by his performance in New York so far. As it is knoown Federer did not
lose a set on the way to the semifinals. "I would not say, that at my age it is normal ,if I have to be honest. During the last and a half year I play very well, it makes me feel young. "

No comments:

Post a Comment